Reiki was developed by Buddhist Monk Mikao Usui in Japan in the early 1900s. Rei means universal, spirit and Ki is life force energy, the energy that flows through all living things.
Reiki is a hands-on natural energy healing technique that helps to restore balance and harmony to the mind, body, heart and spirit. Reiki is a powerfully healing technique that can not only help with physical pain and symptoms but also with emotional healing that may be limiting you or holding you back in living your true, authentic life.
Reiki has so many positive benefits for the mind and body;
- It deeply relaxes the body and mind.
- It promotes peace and well-being within.
- Relieves the body of physical pain and symptoms.
- It helps reduce stress and anxiety and helps clear the mind.
- It compliments conventional medicine and other complementary treatments. (It is often covered in insurance policies too as more and more research and statistics is gathered confirming its healing benefits.)
- It increases our energy and focus.
- It aids better sleep.
- It works on a cellular level as it balances energy and helps release old patters, beliefs and emotional issues. It helps get the ‘issues out of our tissues’.
- It boosts the immune system and enables out natural abilities to detox and heal.
- It can deepen your own connection to our deep wisdom within our heart and spirit.
Everything has energy. Ancient cultures all over the world have worked with and known about our energy field, aura, spirit, prana, Chi, Qi, Ki for thousands of years. In the recent decades scientists have further investigated the physics and biology behind these ancient traditions and found them to be true, measurable and have even been able to document the difference in our bodies before, during and after treatments using bioelectromagnetic instruments.
When we are tired, ill, stressed or anxious our energy is low as it is blocked from moving freely around the body. These blockages disrupt the flow of energy to our organs, systems and tissues leading to imbalance and or dis-ease within our bodies. Reiki is designed to dissolve blockages within and around our energy field, to allow the energy to move freely again, restoring balance within our minds, body and spirit.
How does it do this? Well, there is a rule in physics that says energy must balance. When high energy and low energies are connected, the energies flow between high and low until they equalise. Reiki is energy at a higher frequency than our normal energy and so it helps to balance and equalise the low energy within and around the body. The Reiki practitioner will work on the seven main energy centres within the body also known as the chakras. Each chakra has its own function and is linked to a systems and organs within the body.
A Reiki therapy session is about 60 minutes and is a lovely, nurturing, relaxing therapy that everyone should try at least once. It really is hard to explain until you experience it for yourself. Reiki therapy can relax, rejuvenate, restore, revive, heal, balance and so much more!!
If you want to know more information about what to expect or want to book an appointment, please don’t hesitate to contact me.